Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy Diwali....!!!

You can see the enthu in the air, the lights all around, the 'bheed'...people moving around places to wish their close ones the best of the festive season....it is the same as it is every year. One festival which is celebrated with full rigor in India...and why not, it is THE festival - of lights, of harmony, of homecoming!
But sometimes you just remain unaffected by things around you - as someone rightly said 'you loose the charm of things around'. You are not an ounce influenced by what happens around you. Life demands a lot from you and you do indulge in what is expected out of you, but within, your silence speaks all that you want to know. How is it when everything around you, the happiness, the spirit, the joyous festivity - everything comes to a standstill because you chose not to get involved? Can you really switch off your mind from everything else and be in your world? I can. I definitely can. It is sad and it hurts, but sometimes, you just get so influenced by life's pains...the way it shows happiness to some and hurts to few others.
I want to cry. Not for myself but for so many others who live within their own worlds - in silence.
But like I said, life demands, and I absolutely follow what life demands. I am going to celebrate the festival with my dear ones with a bang and wish all of you the very best in your life.

No comments: